Whether you desire to pack a drum to make ice cream or want to make your drink cool within a short period of time, the crushed ice is all that you need. According to the scientific observations, crushed ice not only requires lesser space as compared to that of the ice cubes but the same cool the drinks and other products rapidly. Generally, there are particular ice crushing machines that are available in the famous retail stores to aid the people in crushing the same in the easiest yet efficient manner.
Most of the time, these machines are utilized in the hospitals, restaurant, and hotels to ease the procedure of crushing and make the eatables cool fast. However, the crushed is rarely available in the market for sale due to which most of the households prefer mashing it at home. The most asked question in the recent days is “can you crush ice in a blender?”
Blender can turn out to be the best possible way to mash the ice especially for the normal households that require frequent ice crushing. So if you are planning to crush the ice using a blender then read out the below-mentioned tips
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Can you crush ice in a blender?
Before you begin crushing the ice utilizing a blender, make sure to not opt for the one that comprises a plastic jug. This is because the ice will probably make the plastic jug delicate that may further lead to the damage of the plastic jug and thus the blender.
The mashing of ice entirely depends upon the blender you choose. Usually, the ordinary blender may burn the motor to crush the ice causing you additional loss. That is the major reason for why the blender you choose to crush the ice must be of no less than 400 watts. With the increased in the technologies, the companies are designing the best blenders for crushing ice cubes that also contains an additional container that can be bought and linked to the blender. These containers are often designed using stainless steel rather than the glass making it easier and safe to put on the ice cubes in the machine.
Tricks for crushing the ice cubes into the blender
The most important thing to consider before placing the ice cubes on the blender is to ensure that the cubes are of small sizes. This is because smaller the size of your cubes better would be the outcome. Some other things to consider before preferring blender for the ice crushing are as follows:
- If you are dealing with the delicate blender then it is advisable to prefer crushing the ice cubes manually into the smaller size and then place it in the jar for further crushing.
- Make sure to not pack the entire edges of the jar with the cubes or place too many ice cubes in a one go as there should be sufficient space in the jar for the ice cubes to jump around.
- Take out the ice cubes from the freezer and keep them in the normal room temperature for about 10 minutes before you ultimately place them in the jug. Apart from this, you can also put water along with the ice cubes. This step will provide sufficient room to the jar and will ease the blending.
- Make sure to not put the ice cubes in the hand blender as none of the hand blender support ice crushing and placing it into the same can lead to the demolishing of the motor.
- Similarly, it is recommended to avoid using the food processor as this can a negative impact on the blades of the machine.
Though crushing the ice using a blender is associated with various risks to the machine, the same is the best method for crushing the bundle of ice cubes that can’t be crushed manually. however, if you frequently need the ice crushing for your day to day requirements then nothing is better than opting for the ice crushing machine.