Sleep plays one of the most vital aspects of health and also one of the most important factors towards a maintained well being.
Lack of sleep may result in occasional sleeplessness or insomnia, mental agility slows down, change in moods and a weakened immune system.
However, there are several best ways to have a good sleep, one of which is drinking a smoothie. This particular healing smoothie contains ingredients that improve the quality of sleep and is a great starting point to get your sleeping patterns back on track.
The ingredients might be easily available at home so it doesn’t need too much time and effort. Have fun with the preparation of this healthy smoothie and drink to appreciate a good sleep.
Procedure and Availability of ingredients
Preparation requires fewer efforts as the ingredients are easy to find and might be always available at your very own kitchen.
- 1 banana
- A Handful of Kale
- 1 piece Kiwi fruit
- ½ Avocado
- 400ml Milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
After collecting all the required ingredients, the final step is to top off your blending device with all of the ingredients until the smoothie achieve a fine texture. The procedure is all been done, now is the time to enjoy and appreciate this healthy drink that will give you a fine and relax sleep.
Fat – 20g
Calories – 561 kcal
Carbs – 77g
Protein – 29g
How does this promote a good sleep? Here’s how.
The ingredients themselves contain minerals and substances that work to maintain a good sleep. The ingredients have their own substances.
- Bananas– these foods contain an amino acids calledTryptophan which the body converts to create the hormones that boost sleep. This Melatonin and Serotonin are chemicals released by this amino acid in the brain. The Melatonin and Seratonin are chemicals that give the body a joyful but drowsy feeling which is a vital role to maintain the proper sleep cycle.
- Kale– is an excellent source of Calcium. Calcium performs one of the biggest roles in sustaining REM sleep. After the observation in the calcium level increase in the body at this stage of sleep, according to the experts, the calcium helps the brain in process Tryptophan to release the Melatonin which is a substance known to create a peaceful and drowsy feeling.
- Kiwi fruit– has antioxidants like the vitamin C that promotes the continuous duration and good quality of sleep.
- Avocado– is known to contain a high level of magnesium. Magnesium is discovered to be responsible for the relaxation of the muscles, bones strength and improves the blood circulation of the body. healthy muscles, bones and circulation can relax more readily at bedtime.
- Milk– is known to contain casein which is the substance responsible for helping the body recover from tiring feeling while you sleep.
- Honey– can produce insulin. This insulin is in the form of small spikes which cause the tryptophan penetrate into the brain and deliver hormones ta have a good sleep.