Are you ready to lose some weight? There are plenty of methods that you can make use of in order to achieve this worthy goal. One of the best of them is running. If you’d like to lose weight by running, you’ll need to stick to a schedule that will give you the maximum results for your effort.
If you are new to running, you should plan to work your way up slowly to an all out exercise regimen. Week 1 should consist of the following elements:
- Monday: Begin with a few short runs of 15-20 minutes each. Take your time and don’t overdo it.
- Tuesday: Plan for a strength workout to increase your stamina.
- Wednesday: Plan for a longer interval run of about an hour.
- Thursday: Another strength workout.
- Friday: Hill interval run where you combine the long and short runs while running downhill or on a flat surface.
- Saturday: You should take this day to rest and relax. Eating a healthy meal will enable you to get the nutrition you need while keeping the extra calories off.
- Sunday: Spend this day exercising with a long steady walk or a medium length run.
Week 2 of your running schedule should run something like the following:
- Monday should begin with a strength workout to get you in the shape you need to be in for a long week’s exercise regimen.
- On Tuesday, repeat the short interval run.
- Wednesday: Strength workout.
- Thursday: Long interval run.
- Friday: Rest.
- Saturday: Hill interval run.
- Sunday: Strength workout.
Week 3 should consist of the following elements:
- Monday: Steady walk or short run.
- Tuesday: Strength workout.
- Wednesday: Short interval run.
- Thursday: Take a day of rest.
- Friday: Long interval run.
- Saturday: Strength workout.
- Sunday: Hill interval run.
Week 4 should consist of the following elements:
- Monday: Strength workout
- Tuesday: Steady walk with short run
- Wednesday: Take this day off to rest
- Thursday: Short interval run
- Friday: Strength workout
- Saturday: Long interval run
- Sunday: Strength workout
Can You Lose Weight Just By Running?
One of the best benefits that running gives you, besides an increase in strength, stamina, and endurance, is the ability to lose weight. However, it’s important for you to realize that it isn’t just about losing weight per se. It’s really all about losing fat.
The more fat that you lose, particularly in your abdominal region, the better you will feel and the healthier you will be. Running, combined with a strength workout, can play a huge part in helping you gain strength while keeping fat off your body.
Can I Lose Weight By Running 30 Minutes a Day?
The answer is an absolute yes. A series of weekly short interval runs, amounting to about 30 minutes each, will definitely help you lose weight.
This will not only be “water weight” but also the calories that add fat to your abdominal region. The more you run, provided that you run safely and smartly, the more weight you will lose in the long term.
Can You Lose Belly Fat By Running?
The answer to this question is absolutely yes. It’s one of the biggest reasons to start running and doing strength workouts in the first place.
Combining these two activities gives a boost to your metabolism which enables you to burn fat at a much faster and more effective rate.
Is it Better to Run in the Morning or Evening for Weight Loss?
Running first thing in the morning does bring a number of benefits. It gives a definite jump start to your metabolism that helps you burn off those breakfast calories.
Having to wake up early for your morning run also helps you go to sleep earlier so that you can avoid those treacherous midnight snacks.
Is it OK to Run Everyday?
Everyone needs to take a break from strenuous exercise. It’s never a good idea to stretch your physical abilities too far.
For this reason, the schedule that we posted above includes rest days that will give your system time to recuperate and rest up for the next run.
Is it OK to Run 2 days in a Row?
It’s generally much better to run, then do a strength workout, run again, repeat your strength workout, run again, then take a day of rest.
In other words, it’s not such a good idea to repeat the same exact action two days running.
The reason for this is simple. It’s best to give yourself some variation that helps you avoid burnout as well as allowing your body to rest and recuperate as needed.
How Much Weight Can You Lose if You Run 2 Miles Per Day?
Running two miles per day can help you burn off about 200 calories. This will generally help you get rid of about a pound of fat in a few short weeks.
However, if you want to lose weight even faster, you should combine your run with a strength workout and a reduced calorie diet.
What Meal Plans Work Best for Runners?
There are a number of meal plans that can be adopted to help you lose weight while running.
Your best bet is a high carb, lean protein diet that will give you the energy you need to keep up your exercise and weight loss regimen.
Can You Do Intermittent Fasting While Running?
Intermittent fasting tends to decrease the amount of energy-building carbs that you take in. This has a negative effect on your stamina and energy levels. In our opinion, this practice is not good in the long term for runners.